Heroes and Heroines Live Action Roleplaying Club Rules Errata and Changes
This page contains a list of changes to the rules which have not been implemented into the main rule books yet, but which are considered to be 'in play' - You can safely assume that these rules override those in the books.
These are things that are in effect either temporarily or permanently as a result of plot actions
- Battle magic does not currently work as a result of actions taken by the party at the end of The Hepath Wars Plot Line
- Parties now receive elixirs according to the following formula as a result of actions taken by the party at the end of The Hepath Wars Plot Line:
- (Number of Players/3) - 1 Minor Elixirs
- Number of Players/5 Major Elixirs
- Due to irrevokeable damage to the herb gardens of Hopton Dale, the range of Potions both generally available at the merchant Venturers and for Mistwalkers is as follows:
- Blade Venom 1 - 2
- Cure Total 1 - 2
- Remove Disease
- Dexterity 1 - 2
SPELL AND INVOCATION DURATIONS
- All spells, invocations and effects which have a POSITIVE effect on a character (ie spells which are voluntary) have a base duration of 15 minutes.
- All spells, invocations and effects which have a NEGATIVE effect on a character (ie spells which are involuntary) have a base duration of 5 minutes.
- Exceptions to these durations will be kept to an absolute minimum, but where a spell, invocation or effect has a duration which is other than the above, its duration must be called when released e.g. "Freeze! 10 seconds!".
- Obtaining membership (Page 3)
To become a member a person must:
be at least 18 years of age; and
pay the membership fee due annually on 1 April.
- CHANGE TO:
To become a member a person must:
be at least 16 years old (accompanied by an adult with parental responsibility) or be 18 years of age and
pay the membership fee due annually on 1st of January
NOTE: Membership is FREE for anybody under the age of 18, but the accompanying adult MUST be a fully paid up club member.
- DARK BLADE (Corrected in Next Published Book by Seb)
- Listed as 12 Player Damage/16 Player Damage
- ACTUALLY 4 Player Damage/8 Player Damage
- ENDURANCE - Endurance used to be in battle and has now been moved to Universal, but is self only.
- New Character creation
- update to include first time players start at rank 10 rather than rank 2.
- Purist (remove ambiguity over number of spells)
- Currently says: A Purist will gain at least 3 extra combat level (Lv 0-4) spells from a separate purist list of spells unavailable toothers, any high (Lv 5-7) or arcane magic (Lv 8-10) spells may also be taken from a restricted purist list of spells.
- CHANGE TO: A Purist will gain at 3 extra combat level (Lv 0-4) spells from a separate purist list of spells unavailable toothers, any high (Lv 5-7) or arcane magic (Lv 8-10) spells may also be taken from a restricted purist list of spells.
- Set Broken Bone - Set broken bone requires 5 minutes of roleplaying, including bandaging and splinting the injured bone. Once this has been completed, any 'intelligent curing' (Ie Cure serious or above in good sphere) will mend the set bone.
RITUAL AND COSMIC POWER BOOK
- Suspended Animation (Page 59)
- Added prerequisite of Harm(5) for this invocation (C&P Error)
CORE RULE BOOK
- Methods of Defence (Page 13/14)
- Added clarification on Power/Magic AC vs touch spells and invocations. This has always been played this way, but has never been formally written down.
Defence Against Magical and Spiritual Touch Attacks
Touch attacks which cause damage such as Cause Mortal Wounds (power) and Shocking Grasp (magic) are still affected by your power or magical armour class respectively. Magic or power armour class reduces the amount of damage dealt by the spell or invocation by 1 point per point of damage delivered by the spell or invocation per hand (Damage = Total Damage - (Power AC x # of hands required)
For example, a Cause Mortal Wounds invocation delivers 48 points of power damage and must be delivered with a two-handed touch, so if a character has 6 points of power Armour Class, the amount of damage delivered by the Cause Mortal Wounds Invocations is 36 (D = 48 – (6 x 2))